Selena Gomez Tops Album Chart With ‘Revival’
Selena Gomez is off to a great start with her second solo album, Revival. The LP has become the 23 year old’s second chart topper on the Billboard 200, following 2013’s Stars Dance. According to Billboard, Revival moved 117,000 album units out of the gate, 85,000 of which were album sales. That’s down from the 97,000 Stars Dance kicked off with two years ago, but still enough to secure the top spot this week on the main album roundup.
It’s an otherwise relatively quiet week within the Top 10 of the chart, as The Game‘s sequel to his 2005 debut album The Documentary, appropriately titled The Documentary 2, starts off at #2 with 95,000 units. The only other new entry in the upper echelon of the chart comes courtesy of Thirty One, the second album by country singer/actress Jana Kramer. It goes in at #10.
The Top 10 of the Billboard 200:
1. Selena Gomez, Revival *new* *1 week*
2. The Game, The Documentary 2 *new
3. The Weeknd, Beauty Behind The Madness
4. Fetty Wap, Fetty Wap
5. Drake & Future, What A Time To Be Alive
6. Taylor Swift, 1989
7. Luke Bryan, Kill The Lights
8. Janet Jackson, Unbreakable
9. Thomas Rhett, Tangled Up
10. Jana Kramer, Thirty One *new*