Morrissey’s Post-Orlando Rant: Donald Trump’s “Only Achievement So Far Is In Making Sarah Palin Seem Intelligent”
Emotions are running high following the mass murder in Orlando last weekend at Pulse nightclub that left 49 dead and dozens more injured. Never one to practice restraint when an issue arises that he’s passionate about, British crooner Morrissey has taken to his usual forum — the online fan site True To You — to post a lengthy rant wherein he rips into no less than the following:
* Orlando shooter Omar Mateen: “Although the gunman who massacred 49 people at an Orlando gay club is said to have been ‘repulsed’ by homosexuality, he nonetheless left behind a slew of self-adoring ‘selfies’; a handsome man gazing enchantedly at his own face. It is therefore acceptable for him to lovingly admire his own maleness, but it is not OK for other men to like other men.”
* Hillary Clinton: “Clinton is the face and voice of pooled money (and will therefore repay the established elite with whatever they want if she is elected), and Donald Thump is George Wallace – hating just about anyone who doesn’t happen to be Donald Thump. Surely this is not 2016 America?”
* Donald Trump: “Meanwhile, Donald Thump, probably America’s next President, reacts to the Orlando massacre by explaining how, if the people within the club were themselves armed with guns, then there would have been fewer casualties. This, of course, is his way of avoiding any words of support to the Orlando gay community (it is their own fault for going into a nightclub without hand grenades).”
* CNN: “Unfortunately, CNN obliged the gunman once again with a flashing flood of publicity – which is all he ever wanted, and which will encourage the next shooter to prepare for international fame. Why show the gunman’s face? Nobody needs to see it.”
* Fox News: “Bernie Sanders has been pushed out by the media because the idea of a self-made man who does not crave international war is completely alien to such as Fox News.”
Speaking of Democratic nominee Sanders, he’s the only one who earns praise from Moz.
“The true victory of the presidential race has been the independent success of Bernie Sanders, whose approach has been so sane and intelligent and measured that he has been therefore all but entirely ignored by the U.S. media, who cannot understand anyone who is not blood-thirsty,” Morrissey quipped.
Even the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee doesn’t emerge unscathed by the “Suedehead” singer’s wicked tongue: “Thump’s only achievement so far is in making Sarah Palin seem intelligent, which, admittedly, is so difficult as to be a colossal strike in his favor.”
You can read Morrissey’s full rant, titled “Hate-rosexuality,” here.