Melanie Martinez Accused Of Sexual Assault: Read Her Response
The entertainment industry has been rocked by a series of sexual assault allegations and that shows no sign of slowing down any time soon. Last night (December 4), Melanie Martinez became the latest artist to be accused of rape. Timothy Heller, a close friend of the Cry Baby hitmaker, recounted an incident that occurred several years ago in an open letter posted on Twitter.
“It’s hard to say someone you loved raped you,” Timothy wrote, before outlining the alleged assault. Timothy said that although she did not expressly say no during the act, she had said no to multiple advances the night before and in the hours leading up to it the night it happened. “The bottom line that I need to always remind myself is that: I said no. For TWO NIGHTS STRAIGHT. It doesn’t matter that I didn’t resist during the action. I had been broken down. She knew I didn’t want to. I made that clear.”
Early this morning, Melanie took to social media to release an official statement regarding the allegations. “I am horrified and saddened by the statements and story told tonight by Timothy Heller,” she wrote. While the “Mad Hatter” singer does not deny that the incident took place, she says that Timothy never asked her to stop. “She never said no to what we chose to do together. And although we parted ways, I am sending her love and light always.”
Read Timothy’s original message and Melanie’s full response below.
When I wrote this story about my assault, I initially wasn’t going to make the abuser. But I think it’s important for you all to know this is about Melanie Martinez pic.twitter.com/4PQ5oNI2s9
— Timothy Heller (@timethyheller) December 4, 2017
— CRYBABY (@MelanieLBBH) December 5, 2017