Celestial-jukebox outfit eCast has released its listing of the most popular new music played during September, and there’s one band that dominates above all others: Metallica, which grabs six slots on the ten-spot chart. (Ne-Yo placed two songs on the chart from his better-with-every-listen Year Of The Gentleman, which warms my heart.) eCast chalks up the Metallica love to the bad economy, and people wanting to work through their financial insecurities via the incessant banging of their heads, but I like to think that the mass Metallica listening was actually the result of people trying to figure out if it was their stereo or something else that made the album sound not all that great. Full chart after the jump!
1. Metallica, “The Day That Never Comes”
2. Ne-Yo, “Miss Independent”
3. Metallica, “The Unforgiven III”
4. Buckcherry, “Too Drunk To Fuck”
5. Kanye West, “Love Lockdown”
6. Metallica, “All Nightmare Long”
7. Metallica, “That Was Just Your Life”
8. Metallica, “Cyanide”
9. Metallica, “Broken, Beat & Scarred”
10. Ne-Yo, “Closer”
I’m pretty sure I accounted for one of those spins of “Closer” during a late-night drinking session around the corner. Just so you know.