PAPER Magazine released a few delightful bon mots left out of their June interview with Drake, and we’re scratching our heads why they decided to leave out such revealing gems like the fact that Drake intends on playing President Obama in a movie one day, he doesn’t go on the Internet because of haters, and he has an entire shrine dedicated to Andre 3000. The classiest of Drizzy’s PAPER Mag quotes below!
7 CLASSY QUOTES FROM THE OUTTAKES OF DRAKE’S PAPER MAG INTERVIEW
1. “People nitpick at my physical appearance more than my music, which is fine with me because when I look in the mirror, I know I’m not an unattractive person.”
2. “I hope somebody makes a movie about Obama’s life soon because I could play him. That’s the goal… Anytime I see him on TV, I don’t change the channel, I definitely pay attention and listen to the inflections of his voice… so when the day comes I’m not scrambling to learn how to speak like him.”
3. On getting back into acting: “I want to be involved in great film projects. I don’t want to do the basketball movie that everyone does. I don’t want to do the typical black film that everyone expects.”
4. On trying not to take hateful comments online seriously: “It takes a certain type of individual to really participate in a group discussion about someone else, especially if they’re going super hard with consistent hate.”
5. “I have a shrine in my apartment dedicated to Andre . I took a door off a barn and had an artist take the lyrics from his verses [and put them] on this barn door.”
6. “I wake up and I’m scared to flip my phone over because I don’t know what songs have leaked or what girl has said what about me.”
7. On not being afraid of being overexposed: “Overexposure isn’t when people love you too much and are excited.”
Is it just us, or does Drake come off as incredibly egotistical in these quotes? Admitting he knows how good looking is, declaring that he has the chops to play one of the most iconic figures in the 21st century, confessing that he thinks he’s too good for certain types of movies… it all gives off an air of arrogance. Maybe that’s why PAPER Mag decided to shelve these quotes from their first interview. Or maybe Drizzy just has confidence and these self-affirming quotes are completely deserved.
What’s your take? Is Drake big-headed, or just self-aware?